The Rift Valley Water Services Board (RVWSB) is responsible for development of water and sanitation infrastructure within its area of jurisdiction. In order to carry out the above function more effectively and efficiently, the RVWSB wishes to fill the following vacant positions:-
1. Legal Services Manager- Job Ref: RWB/HR/LSM/01/2017(1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for:
• Advising the board on legal and regulatory matters
• Provision of guidance on Corporate Governance matters
• Safe custody of collaterals, chattels and other organization properties
• Coordinating issuance of legal undertakings
• Provision of Secretarial Services to the Board and its committees
• Liaising with external lawyers and other legal bodies on the board matters
(i) LLB from a recognized institution and be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
(ii) Post Graduate qualifications in relevant field will be an added advantage
(iii) Must be in possession of current Law Practicing Certificate
(iv) Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries
(v) Must demonstrate managerial and administrative skills backed by leadership qualities
(vi) Minimum (10) years experience in legal practice in a public Institution or a large private organization of which five years should have been in a managerial position.
2. Program Accountant – Job Ref: RWB/HR/PA/02/2017 (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to General Manager – Corporate Services and be responsible for:
• Development of Boards’ Program/Projects budgets
• Preparation of the Boards’ Program/Projects Accounts
• Preparation of Boards Program/Projects internal financial controls
• Generation of Boards’ Program/Projects financial reports
• Any other duties assigned from time to time
(i) Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce (Accounts/Finance Option)
(ii) CPA (K).
(iii) Must be a member of ICPAK
(iv) At least ten (10) years experience in relevant field in the Public Service.
3. Program Engineer – Job Ref: RWB/HR/PE/03/2017 (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Project Planning, design and construction
• Development of water and sanitation infrastructure
• Preparation of project specification and contract documents
• Costing of design and construction of projects
• Project monitoring and evaluation
• General administration of projects
• Supervision of technical staff.
(i) Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering
(ii) Applicants with Masters Degree in Projects Management will have an added advantage.
(iii) Must be a registered Graduate Engineer
(iv) At least Seven (7) years working experience in relevant field
4. Internal Audit Manager – Job Ref: RWB/HR/IAM/04/2016 (1 Post)
The Internal Audit Manager heads the Internal Audit Unit of the Board and answerable to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Development and implementation of Audit System.
• Ensure compliance with Policies and Procedures
• Ensure availability and safe guarding of Board’s Assets
• Ensure adequacy of Accounting, Financial and other operating Manuals.
• Ensure adequacy and reliability of Financial Reports and other accounting and expenditure data.
• Carry out Routine and System Audit
• Maintain checks and balance in the Board’s transactions
(i) A Bachelors Degree in Commerce ( Accounting/Audit Option)
(ii) CPA (K)
(iii) A Masters degree in Business Administration ( Accounting/Finance) option will be an added advantage
(iv) Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a busy office preferably public sector
(v) Demonstrate good knowledge of planning and organization skills
(vi) Must be a person of high Integrity
5. Environmental Engineer – Job Ref: RWB/HR/EE/05/2016 (1 Post)
The environmentalist will be responsible for all environmental matters in the Board area of jurisdiction and will report to the General Manager- Technical Services.
• Carrying out site assessments, conducting technical audits and evaluating the environmental impact of an organisation’s Technical operations
• Making recommendations on essential clean-up, reclamation and waste management activities that needs to be undertaken to solve the current problem and prevent similar issues recurring in the future.
• Assessment of how a site complies with environmental regulations, and using mathematical techniques and computer modelling to assess or forecast past, present and future environmental problems.
• Design, development, testing and implementing of technical solutions which will assist the Board actively reduce their negative impact on the environment.
(i) A Bachelors of Science Degree in Environmental Engineering or its equivalent
(ii) A Masters degree in a related field will be an added advantage
(iii) Registered Lead Expert on Environmental Impact Assessment with NEMA
(iv) Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in a busy office preferably public sector
(v) Demonstrate administrative and managerial capability in work performance and must be result oriented.
(vi) Must be a person of high integrity
Rift Valley Water Services Board is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity. Without sacrificing merit people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
If you possess the attributes for any of the above positions, please submit your application including the post you are applying for, your CV, Remuneration Expectations, Certificate of Good Conduct, Tax Compliant Certificate, HELB Clearance Certificate and day and evening telephone numbers to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rift Valley Water Services Board,
P. O. Box 2451,
To reach him not later than 13th February, 2017
Please clearly mark the job Ref. on the envelope.
ATTACHEES: SEPTEMBER to DECEMBER 2016
HEAR WHAT THEY SAY
My name is Jonathan Konana, am in Egerton University a 3rd year pursuing a degree in Computer science. Currently am attached in Rift Valley Water Services Board in the ICT division. At the end of my attachment, I anticipate that I would have gained enough experience in line with my field study. Such as networking, database management and spreadsheet skills.
I am Kennedy Ng’etich. A student in Kabarak University in 3rd year, studying Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) I am an attaché in Rift Valley Water Services Board in the ICT division. What I love about this organization is that the environment is user-friendly as well as conducive where one can learn and gain adequate experience to be applied in my area of study such as programming, hardware and networking.
I am Mercy Njeri Nyaga from Kenya Institute of Management, taking a diploma in Human Re-source Management section 3. I am an attaché in the Human Resource Division. RVWSB is an organization everyone should wish to work for because it has conducive environment where you are exposed to the real world of how things run in the HR life. I am prepared to acquire more skills for the remaining time before my practicum ends.
My name is Kiplangat Chirchir, a diploma student at Kenya Institute of Management, Section 3. I am studying Project Management thus attached to the Technical Services at Rift Valley Water Services Board. What I can say about this organization is that I have learned a lot which will help me in my career life. It is organizations to be in if you want to improve your skills.
I am Sharon Chepkemoi from Rift Valley Institute of Science And Technology pursuing a diploma in social work and community development. I am in 2nd year Module 2. Having being in this organization for the past one month, I can proudly say that my skills and view of current affairs in my area of study has improved. I am attached to the department of Rural Asset, at the Rift Valley Water Services Board, where I have gain vast knowledge and experience.
My name is Reagan Baari, a higher diploma finalist student in Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology(Nakuru Campus) where I study Procurement and Contract Management. I am attached to the Supply Chain division in Rift Valley Water Services Board. RVWSB is a descent and well organized institution. It has adequate facilities that will enhance the practical experience. In spite of the seniority, all staffs are friendly.
I am Grace Wambui, a third year student at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Tech-nology (Nakuru Campus) pursuing a Bachelor degree in Information Technology. I am an attaché at Rift Valley Water Services Board, ICT division..It is a conducive environment, which exposes you to the real ICT world. The organization also ensures quality services.
My name is June Esther Wanjiku Maina, a module 3 diploma student at Rift Valley Institute of Business Studies pursuing Human Resource Management. I am an attaché at Rift Valley Water Services Board in the Human Resource Division. At the end of my attachment period I hope to have learned and acquire practical knowledge and skills related to my field of study.
My name is Dianah Mageto, a 3rd year student in Moi University. I am Public Relation practi-tioner by training since now am in third year. I am an attaché at the Rift Valley Water Services Board in the Corporate Communication Division. RVWSB has sufficient personnel which will mould me to be the ideal PR officer in future. I believe that this organization will help me learn and understand how things run in the corporate arena as well as increase my practicum knowledge.
My name is Kitur Alfred Cheruiyot a diploma student at Kenya Institute of Management, Section 3. I am studying Purchase and Supply Management. I am an attaché in the Supply Chain Division. What I can say about this organization is that from the first day I came in, I knew that I had made the right decision. It has offered me with adequate skills and exposure. I love this organization and proud to be attached here.
My name is Ibrahim Wanyoike Kimemia a module 3 diploma student at Kenya Institute of Management. I am studying Project Management thus attached to the Planning and Design Division. This organization has transformational leadership which has enabled me to easily fit in. I love it and hopefully want to work with them permanently in future.
September to December 2016